Tyler YRE
04/16/2016

 

 

 

We passed this nice school gym.

Christ Episcopal Church built in 1918.

Marvin United Methodist Church was the first church in Smith County.

Marvin United Methodist Church bell.

Odd Fellows Lodge

First Baptist Church structure was built in 1913.

Art Deco City Hall built in 1939. It is about a 1/2 block off the walk route.

Federal Courthouse is a three story Classical Revival structure built by the WPA. This view is also about a 1/2 block off the walk route.

Ed and a very nice building.

Ed and a pretty fence.
Abundantly blooming roses.

Legrand Gardens.

Goodman-LeGrand House.

Iglesia Nueva Vida.

Under E. Gentry Parkway.

Artwork on bridge support.

More artwork under the bridge.

China Berry in bloom.

City Park Archway reportedly built by the WPA.

Rock bridge also WPA built.

New Days Community Church.

Art Deco design on the building.

Old Cottonbelt Depot is now a museum.
National Register of Historic Places.

Toy trains in the museum.

Nice layout with working trains.

Old advertisement flyer on the wall.

Mural on Southern Utilities Building.

Fountain in the park where they were holding a Rapping event.

Strange mural.

Movie theater open in 1940 with one screen and seating for 1085.

Main entrance for the Tyler Theater.

Art Deco Liberty Theatre was opened in the 1930ís.

Smith Countyís fifth courthouse built in 1955.

Small pocket plaza where a building burned.

City building with interesting design. It is a block off the walk route.

Douglas House.

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception built in 1935.

Ramey-Grainger House.

Connally-Musselman House.

Beautiful colors.

Marsh House.

Presbyterian Church.

Counter