Beeville Event
Bee County




The fourth courthouse for Bee County, this building was erected in 1912.

Gold colored "Goddess of Justice" and a four-sided clock adorn the courthouse dome.

A Naval Aviation Station was set up in Beeville during World War II and although it was deactivated at war's end, it was reopened for Korea. It was closed again in 1992, and a reminder of its presence is noted by the US Navy Douglas A4 Skyhawk on the corner of the courthouse lawn.

Public Library across from the courthouse.
Vintage Art Deco style theater from 1936. Appears to be vacant.

Display in barber shop window. What a cute idea for kids.

William O. McCurdy launched the first newspaper, the Beeville Bee, in 1886. The McCurdy Building is circa 1929.

Hensley Building circa 1891. Note the Montgomery Ward emblem on the building to the left.

Masonic Lodge building.

Opened on June 5, 1918, the neoclassical US Post Office building is on the NRHP.

Leaving the downtown area we head off into residental.

We started walking around 10:30 and it was already hot. Thank goodness for the shade.

Jesus washing feet statue in front of a church.

George House built in 1890. The house is a raised cottage style.

Spanish adobe style home.

Cretan Bull Dancers by Colin Webster-Watson. Three dancers flipping over the top of a bull. Sculpture lured us away from the walk route to investigate.

Could find no information on this one.

Beeville Art Museum is housed in the historic Esther Barnhart House.

Stones laid out in the grass.

Animal totem poles.

Back on the walk route.

More lovely homes.

Back by the art museum, we'd missed this one before.

Another nice house.

Texas themed bench on a front porch.

This old school with Frieze Art entry is no longer in use. The school district uses it for storage.

Catholic Church.

Sculpture in the church parking lot.

The walk route looped though this cemetery.

We walked past this one.

Pergola back at the courthouse.